Sunday, November 11, 2012

I SURE AM GRATEFUL...





i'm so grateful for a loving family

inviting friends

close friends, as well as those who live miles and miles away

good food

clean water

a warm comfy bed

the amazing joy the gospel brings

warm clothes

snow

rain

my mom

my dad

the priesthood

my wild brothers --as well as bryan

my loving sister

church

the scriptures

PRAYER

the ability to serve people

the temple

missionaries 

GOOD MUSIC

my home

my car

the ability to laugh

the ability to cry

the atonement

my ward

my job

love

prayer

and the ability to express how i feel

etc..


this week has been one tough week for me. i lost one of my very best friends in a way that could change my life forever. this person never fully understood how much they meant to me, and how much they truly influenced my life. they will never fully understand the importance of meeting them at the time that i did, and how they changed my life forever. no one has ever taught me more, i can honestly say that. i learned that patience, respect, honestly and loyalty are some of the best qualities you can portray. i learned that integrity is one of the most genuine characteristics a person can have. and most importantly i learned not only how to love, but how to accept love.

never have i ever felt more secure from a person, felt more love, or felt more important to another human being. --now the trick will be to believe that all the things i felt are true, with or with out that person now.

i find it is a lot easier to look at your trials as a blessing, and as a positive when you are serving people who are less fortunate than you are. how sweet is it, to be able to see someone struggling and help them, and then look at your life and say, "hey, i am honestly so blessed...." at the same time to be able to look at all of the positives in your life that you still have, even without the one thing that you looked forward to seeing or hearing from every single day. it's so important to be grateful for all that you have, God has given you so much, and he has a plan for you. you MUST have faith and turn your life over to him. "I'll go where you want me to go." that should be our main goal. complete faith and trust in him. easier said than done...........begin by praying EVERY single day, and thanking him for everything you DO have.

God knows you, he loves you, and he wants the very best for you. things may seem so hard for me right now in my life, and i know there are times in peoples lives when people might think to themselves "God, are you really there?" because i have been there.. the most important thing to remember is that he IS there. and he loves us more than we could ever comprehend, and it hurts him so bad to see us struggle and hurt and cry. but he also knows that what we go through and overcome here on earth will help us grow not only for this life, but for the life to come. there is a bigger picture, and he is in control. if the desires of your hearts are good and righteous, we will be blessed with those things that we want in this life, and if we don't end up receiving those things, we need to understand that it is for our own good and that there are other blessings coming our way. again, easier said than done, but it's so important to remember that. make heavenly father one of your dearest friends. keep your relationship so close and always follow the counsel given by him, he only wants the best for you, and he only wants his children to be happy. that's what this life is about.


sorry this is getting so personal, and a bit scriptural ha

i hope you all had an amazing sabbath day.

xoxo demi

4 comments:

  1. demi, you are WISE beyond your years. for real.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Cass. I hope you're doing okay!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad I found your blog! This definitely hit home tonight, and I am grateful you posted it. I hope you know I think the world of you, even though we don't know each other that well. You have always been so kind and accepting of me, and I truly appreciate it. Thanks for helping me out yesterday with the tanner stuff.. and again for posting this.. It was something I really needed to hear. By the looks of your twitter, and as you mentioned earlier it hasn't been an easy week for you.. but, you're in my thoughts and prayers, and I'm hoping things will get better for you.. for real. You have a very positive, influential perspective.. and I'm sure it'll get you far.
    love you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Annie, thank you SO much...that truly means the world to me! Im so glad I could be of some sort of help to you. You're so sweet:) I've always though very highly of you and loved you! Seriously..and I hope and pray that things get better for you as well! Don't hesitate to call or text me if you need anything, or just want to do something before you leave to Ecuador okay? Love you!

    ReplyDelete