Tuesday, April 9, 2013

i forgot how much i love



>>the smell of freshly cut grass
>>the sound of ben harpers voice
>>the taste of freshly squeezed lemonade
>>how often i use ranch as a condiment
>>my feet touching someone else's feet
>>going to the mall, even if it's just to people watch
>>walk around barefoot
>>jump into the arms of loved ones
>>say as well as hear the words, "i love you"
>>to kiss!!!
>>eat whatever i want, when i want to.
>>chick fil a
>>del taco
>>swedish fish
>>traveling/hiking/camping/exploring
>>listening to music
>>taking pictures
>>playing the piano and singing
>>watching movie series
>>to cry
>>to laugh
>>to think
>>to read
>>nuggies
>>shopping
>>baseball
>>blogging
>>writing
etc.


to be myself. something in my path from point A to point B i have lost the best parts of me. honestly who i am. and it makes me sad. im the biggest advocate of change! what a blessing it is to be able to change. to recognize the things you don't like and to be able to make improvements as well as physically grow up. come out of those awkward stages, and become YOU. but i think that a lot of what we do, what we enjoy really becomes a part of who we are and what we want to define us.


yes, all of those things are indeed THINGS. but they are the things that set me apart from everyone else around me.


it's the simple things like while i'm ordering a lemonade, she's ordering a diet coke.
and while i'm listening to some bon iver, he'd prefer to jam out to free weez.


i guess i've just found it important, especially as of lately with the way this world works, to really try to be myself, to really set myself apart from everyone else. not in some big, drastic, emo, dramatic type of way. simply in a way that makes demi, demi. and to not stop and think or care for a second what anyone has to say about it. to just simply be me. i'm bout it.




one of those nights.






xoxo demi

1 comment:

  1. Love this one... insightful. Leo I assume. No...? okay. :)

    ReplyDelete