Tuesday, October 9, 2012

THE CATS OUT OF THE BAG:

i am pleased to announce that landon kade christensen, has made the decision to serve an LDS mission for the Church Of Jesus Christ Of Ladder Day Saints.

WOW.

do any of you realize how hard it has been keeping that a secret? i have wanted to scream that to everyone and their dogs for DAYS! and it's finally out!!!!!:) 

its been a long haul, but it is finally here! and i am so proud of him.

he receives his call next wednesday and the anticipation is literally killing me!!

now, for a little background on the story......

August 30th 2011

me: how old are you?

him: just turned 19 on may 7th

me: do you plan on serving a mission?

him: umm to be honest, it's not the #1 thing on my list at the moment.

me: (in my head) great.....hopes and dreams shot to H.


i give in.


September 10th 2011

we officially start dating.

you know the fight scene from the notebook?
you know, the one where they are screaming at each other.
they hate each other but they love each other.
yeah that kind of stuff.
yeah, that's the kind of the stuff that happened for the following 9 months.

hell, if you will.

"if you aren't happy with yourself, don't expect to be able to make someone else happy."

we learned that lesson the hard way.

so we:

1. get happy with ourselves
&
2. THEN make each other one of our top priorities.

and who would've thought, when you're doing what's right, and when all you want is for that person you love to be smiling and happy every single day, it works! life lesson 101.

so, fast forward to about a month and a half ago....things couldn't be better. we are just where we have always wanted to be. we are happy. not artificially happy, we are TRULY happy. --yet, something is missing.

 i had just gotten back from one of my old friends mission call opening when it hit me. "landon should be serving a mission". he should have been gone a year and a half ago...... so, we do what we do best.

we talk.

now for those of you who know landon and i, we sure can talk! i can talk to this boy about literally ANYTHING. nothing scares me. but this, this scared me.

i had just gotten done endulging in one of sammy's best famous pie shakes, banana cream pie , (mmmmm) when i saw landon pull up to meet me after work to talk. i suddenly felt every ounce of that shake screaming to come back up stream, i all of the sudden felt a very strong hate for the well-loved shake.......in other words i felt the need to purge. i never felt so ill.

i slowly walked out to that famous silver jetta and slipped into the passenger seat as mere repetition...trust me, an angel must've carried me to that car and by the time i got there i must've looked like a ghost i was so nervous 

him: so...what exactly is it that you need to talk about baby?

--silence--

him: babe?

.....

me: i know we've talked about this multiple times before, and we've come to many MANY different conclusions, and a mission was never really an option, but babe, i NEED you to serve a mission.

and at this point, my worst enemy happened:

--silence--

me: babe?

you know the fight scene from the notebook?
you know, the one where they are screaming at each other.
they hate each other but they love each other.
yeah that kind of stuff.
yeah, that's the kind of the stuff that happened for the following few hours.........

hell, if you will.

it was worse than i intended it to be, and as you can guess, there were more tears than words being said....

between, "i need" "i want" and "i'm scared" it sounded like a bunch of gibberish.

it was rollin on about 2:30 am when we both had gathered ourselves together and could finally make sense of what had just occurred. he knew that what i "needed" and what i had always wished for was what was right. he knew that it was just the thing that he, along with the both of us needed.

him: honestly babe, i have always seen myself serving a mission. and i've let the world and stupid mistakes get in the way of that, and i've let it bring me down. thank you for reminding me what is important for me to be doing right now in my life, i know it is the right thing to do......

me: (in shock) you're sure about this? (now, not even sounding sure of it myself anymore)


him: more than ever. babe, i promise you this, i am going to serve a mission. and not just for you or anyone else, but for myself, and for the people that i will serve.

wow.......now i remember why i love this kid so much. sure, sometimes he has been easily distracted by the constant worries of the world (work, women, work, WOMEN, and work........) he always gets right back on track to what is important in life and makes a change as fast as a simple conversation.


as for me you might ask? I HAVE NEVER BEEN HAPPIER IN MY ENTIRE LIFE.

and that is pure fact. i am so happy for landon and his decision:) and i am so so proud of him.

and if we're lucky, we may just get the best love story i could have ever imagined......
something like this.................  ↓↓↓

--watch in order.







xoxo demi


4 comments:

  1. We have never met, you don't know me, but this news makes me very excited because I was very good friends with Landon in high school! Good for him. I remember asking him the same thing… good for you for pushing him :) Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh my gosh, shut up. this is awesome. i love it! tell landon congrats for me and i'm so happy for the both of you :)))

    ReplyDelete
  3. thank you so much alysha:) how cool huh? he says thank you:) alicia, isn't it so crazy?! i'm so stoked for him:) i'll definitely let him know! thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Girl, you forgot to include the actual wedding part. ;) http://vimeo.com/45086669

    I know we never really talked, but seeing you and Landon be so much in love just gives me hope that one day it will happen for me. I seriously wish you two the best in the next two years, and hopefully the rest of your lives.

    Cutest couple ever.

    ReplyDelete